If you’re in the throws of deciding whether you’d like to give bus advertising a try, we’re hoping this short blog post will help you.
Bus advertising can communicate your brand or message to commuters in a split second. With buses travelling in and out of cities and towns where shoppers and pedestrians are likely to be, as well as some more rural areas, we believe bus advertising can offer you a fantastic blanket coverage for your business or event.
Here are some key statistics which (we think, anyway!) really can’t be argued with:
- Over half the adult population has seen advertising on the side of a bus in the last week and 90% of people live within five minutes of a bus route (Source: TGI)
- Out of Home advertising reaches 98% of the UK population every week (Source: Route)
- UK adults spend 70% of their time out-of-home (Source: TGI)
- 83% of people recall seeing Out of Home advertising within the last 30 minutes before shopping (Source: Outsmart, Window of Influence, 2011)
- 86% of consumers can spontaneously talk in detail about a specific bus advert and over half of those consumers talked about an advert seen in the last three days (Source: Road to Enlightenment: QMedia)
- Bus advertising is the most seen outdoor advertising medium, with 61% of consumers saying they had seen bus adverts in the last seven days (Source: TGI)
- 35% of 25 to 34-year-olds have seen advertising either inside or outside a bus in the last week (Source: TGI)
- 29% of all adults use the bus for at least one hour a week and the average bus journey lasts 30 minutes (Source: TGI)
- 79% of consumers across Britain prefer buses with ads (Source: Road to Enlightenment: QMedia)
- 74% of people in the regions agree that buses are an important part of the community, giving businesses who advertise on buses a positive relationship with the local population (Source: Road to Enlightenment: QMedia)