Pilgrim’s UK is Britain’s biggest award-winning welfare pig farmer and producer of sustainably produced quality pork products, making them one of the leading UK food companies.
Keen to promote a recruitment drive and needing a form of advertising to appeal to prospective job-seekers in the area, their Human Resources department spoke with one of our Regional Account Managers, Amy. It was soon decided that two 12-month bus advertising campaigns using Double Deck Mega Rears would be an excellent part of their recruitment strategy. The size of these bus adverts is impressive and, importantly, the panel type targets both drivers and pedestrians. The advert allows the company to showcase their branding, recruitment message and contact details clearly on the entire back of a bus on their local bus operator, Faresaver.
Faresaver runs bus routes X31 and X34 serving key areas of Wiltshire including Chippenham, Melksham, Trowbridge, Corsham and Bath, so these were ideal for ensuring maximum exposure for the bus adverts.
Pilgrim’s UK has 5,500 team members operating across 14 sites in the UK. You can choose from a variety of career opportunities which range from an apprenticeship to graduate and even director level.
They have a comprehensive Apprentice Programme for early careers that attracts and develops talent in critical areas such as engineering, technology, and butchery, as well as their bespoke Operational Leadership Trainee Programme, which has seen many young people become great leaders.
From onboarding, compliance, Health & Safety, and Food Safety training to management and leadership training, every aspect of learning is covered and can be backed up by a qualification at every level.
With Shining Star and Rising Star quarterly awards, they truly encourage rising stars in their industry. Employees submit nominations and a manager can issue Instant STARS at any time. Work councils and site leadership teams select the winners, and those who receive a quarterly star are automatically considered for a Super Star award. This is an excellent incentive for all employees, resulting in a positive working environment.
Pilgrim’s UK provides a discount platform with thousands of in-store and online shopping discounts and cash-back opportunities. Discounts are available on gym memberships, insurance, equipment and retail, as just some of the benefits given to employees.
Other fantastic benefits include life insurance, pension, cycle to work scheme, health care cash plans, and subsidised work clothing.
If you want to join Pilgrim’s UK or learn more about their industry, please visit their website or call their office on 01926 475680.
Adverta is really pleased with the final design for this advertising campaign as it’s simple, clear and easy to read whilst on the go. We would like to congratulate our Regional Sales Manager, Amy, and say a big ‘thank you’ as always to everyone involved in this fantastic bus advertising campaign.
Bus Statistics: Key Advertising Information
- 30 million people have seen advertising on a bus in the last week and 90% of people live within five minutes of a bus route (Source: TGI)
- Out-of-Home advertising reaches 98% of the UK population every week (Source: Route)
- UK adults spend 70% of their time out-of-home (Source: TGI)
- 83% of people recall seeing Out of Home advertising within the last 30 minutes before shopping (Source: Outsmart, Window of Influence, 2011)
- 86% of consumers can spontaneously talk in detail about a specific bus advert and over half of those consumers talked about an advert seen in the last three days (Source: Road to Enlightenment: QMedia)
- Bus advertising is the most seen outdoor advertising medium, with 61% of consumers saying they had seen bus adverts in the last seven days (Source: TGI)
- 35% of 25 to 34-year-olds have seen advertising either inside or outside a bus in the last week (Source: TGI)
- 29% of all adults use the bus for at least one hour a week and the average bus journey lasts 30 minutes (Source: TGI)
- 79% of consumers across Britain prefer buses with ads (Source: Road to Enlightenment: QMedia)
- 74% of people in the regions agree that buses are an important part of the community, giving businesses who advertise on buses a positive relationship with the local population (Source: Road to Enlightenment: QMedia)